Friday 16 November 2012

I Raped That ____

The use of the word "rape" in everyday language is impulsive and harmless, right? WRONG!

Using the word rape as if it is so insignificant that it can be applied to an exam, being beaten, or an expression of victory "I raped that exam" or "I just got raped in that game" blurs the understanding of the word itself.

For those of who are looking at this and saying "I never say that", if you don't say anything while your friends laugh at the term, you are part of the problem and NOT the solution.

Think twice before you want to say "I raped it" because every time you do a woman that was raped loses some dignity, and some credibility, every time you make rape to be less than it is, other people follow you and sexual assault becomes a joke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment